Sunday, December 24, 2006

Of Many Stresses...

I have been remiss, it may be noted, in posting. That is because I am in Crunch Time. Trying to pack. Trying to plan the moves. Trying to get a handle on all the people I should see before I go to Australia. And oh yeah, trying to tie up both of my jobs before I go; the parish AND the development work. To say it has been stressful is understatement. I did what I always do.

Which is to say, I planned to get things done and just chill out the last couple weeks as I disengaged from the parish and the development stuff, arrange the storage, see a few friends, etc. All of which I put off, then when people started with the 'let's get together before you go' thing, I didn't have the good sense to say NO! So, as usual, everything is happening at once. Which makes for an interesting, if stressful time. And on top of all of that there is Christmas in the parish which is a big event....whoof. I'm exhausted.

Moves, cleaning out the desk, dental appointments, etc. etc. etc. Have left me edgy and, I suspect, rather Scrooge-like. Oh well. What are you going to do? Every time I approach one of these events I think I will somehow do it differently. Then I don't. Then I feel frustrated. How shocking...

No comments: