Wednesday, April 25, 2007

I've been busy...

...since the retreat we've had a fair bit of class, there have been a lot of things to do, including being the chaplain on a Kairos retreat for students from St. Ignatius, Riverview (lotta fun but some late nights.) So I have been inattentive to the blog.

I AM, however, working on a longer post that is more about the retreat. But tomorrow I am headed for the bustling metropolis of West Wyalong, New South Wales. It's out there. I mean, waaaaay out there. It's basically a poor wheat-farming community. I'm going out there to direct about 12 people in a retreat in everyday life. The area has been wracked by drought for about the last four years. In the last two years, about 20 farmers from the area have committed suicide, generally they have been so depressed by the financial repercussions of the drought that they have despaired of ever really being able to have their farms be theirs again. Even if the drought broke tomorrow, many farmers would still lose their farms. It's pretty grim. If you are the praying type, praying for rain wouldn't be a bad idea...

So I'll probably be able to post from out there, but we'll see what the web availability is. The Tertians are all going out to dinner tonight at a Viet restaurant which should be fun. See you soon, inshallah.

No comments: