Thursday, April 12, 2007

And, into the sunlight...

OK, as of this morning, I'm out of the Long Retreat. I'm smoked. For the fact I haven't done much over the last month (depending on how you measure these things), I'm exhausted. I probably won't post a lot here about what went on...it just doesn't translate into 'web' that well. Of course, I am also in the process of figuring it all out myself, and THAT will take me a while. If you want to know what it was like, for me, it was like a Spiritual Ranger School. Only with more food. I didn't get a lot of sleep (self-inflicted). I had a great spiritual guide and companion. The weather was superb (it's what Northern Hemisphere dwellers would call Autumn, but not like Autumn, strangely). That's about it. So, what CAN I tell you? I ran a lot. More than that... like 6-8 miles a day and 10-15 miles on a long day. Over 4 weeks, that's a lot of miles, I can tell you. I prayed a lot. I walked and cleaned and did a lot of work in the Jesuit graveyard near by (exercising Chris W's 'preferential option for the dead.') For those of you who were praying for us, a big thanks. It helped, and believe me, I needed it. I'll file a real update and maybe a picture or two when I get back to Sydney next week.

2 comments:

Chuck said...

Welcome back, Fr. Jack. Looking forward to hearing more.

HOG said...

Yo! Capt Jack. You thank anyone who was (past tense) praying for you during the retreat. Does that mean we can no longer keep you in our prayers?