Friday, June 27, 2008

Elvis is out of the building...

I'm leading a group of students on an immersion trip to the Philippines for the next few weeks. Myself, another Jesuit, and 14 of our Lads from the school. We spend a couple of days sightseeing in Manila, then, it's off to a mountain village to build houses in a sort of Habitat for Humanity deal, then to another village for a week working in an orphanage/hospice. Finally, we wrap up in a prison, working with the prisoners for a week. Yes, you read that correctly.

All of this means I'm not taking my laptop with me, and I'm reasonably uncertain about the whole mobile phone situation. (Yes, I'll have one, but will I have data access? What will my number be, etc.?) So this may be my last post until near the end of July. So, see you all on the flip side. And, yes, my first-aid kit is bulging.

No comments: