Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Out the door...again.

I realized that yesterday, while I was rushing around packing, that I didn't get to the action item at the bottom of my 'to-do' list, which was: "Make a new blog entry." So this will be short because I have to be driving in about 2 hours.

I'm getting ready to head out again on another Tertianship experiment. This time I am going to St. Ignatius School in Geelong, Victoria. Two years ago, St. Ignatius was the called Catholic Regional College (CRC). While this might have been accurately descriptive, it seems a little bland by my personal standards, so the name change, to pretty much any saint's name would have been an improvement. But the reason that the CRC changed its name last year was because it has started a twinning agreement with the Society of Jesus and Xavier College, the Jesuit high school in Melbourne. No one knows exactly what this twinning agreement means. Which is part of the reason I'm going there.

To be honest, I don't know what I'll be doing. I don't know where, exactly, I'll be living (other than 'a presbytery in Geelong.' I don't know the people I'll be working with; what their needs are, what they want from the Society and this Jesuit in particular. I don't know. By reading this, you now know as much as I do. So that makes me a little nervous, but everything else that has gone down this year has been so incredibly positive, that I just don't see God throwing a curve ball now. I think the string is going to continue. At least I'm going to act like it's going to continue. Hopefully I'll be posting more soon and we'll all find out what happens next.

No comments: