Tuesday, May 29, 2007

His Lips Have Stopped Moving...

As many of you have noticed I have been silent here the last few weeks. My apologies.

Ironically, the reason that I have been silent is not because I didn't have anything to say or report or tell you all about. On the contrary, the problem is that I've been writing a great deal. That is, I am going through one of the most productive periods of writing that I have ever had. I think I've just about got 3 solid chapters for a...wait for it...book.

One of them is a radically re-worked version of the Bush Lunch episode that was my previous post. The other two are similar in tone but different in context; one details an experience I had on the Long Retreat and the other is about a fishing trip I took right before I left West Wyalong.

Now, dear readers, I don't want you to think that you are somehow undeserving of these objet d'arte of the literary kind. The problem is that I think they're good enough to be published in a form (print, in this case) which might get a wider audience than this simple country blog. And, in this day and age when I do get something published it is pretty standard to sign a contract saying it hasn't been previously published elsewhere. Like, say, on the web. So I'm reluctant to post these here and now (and believe me, I've uploaded them and deleted them twice because I really want to share them with someone.) They're good. Really good in my opinion, but then I'm biased. A sidebar note on the productivity: I think that the prodigious nature of my writing these days is a sign of how well life is going down here and how much Grace God is hitting me with. When I can write like this, it's crazy good and that means God is really doing something. More on that in a later post.

In the mean time. I owe you something. You come here looking for something. For many of you it's your way of caring about me long distance, and I appreciate that. A great deal. So, here are some photos of the Epic Herculean Fishing Trip of which I am currently writing. Enjoy and thanks.


This is Bernie and I in a Snowy River snow storm. Self-explanatory, right?


And here we are telling lies about the ones that got away.


This was LITERALLY what greeted me when I came into West Wyalong. They just wanted me to feel at home, I guess.


Breakfast while fishing. The only thing missing? Fish. But that's another story...


I could stand at this bend in the river and fish all day. Heaven will be like Tom Groggin Station. Trust me.


Yep. I've gone bush. Utterly and totally.

No comments: